Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SOUS card sketch: March 20-April 2

We on the SOUS design team have a new card sketch challenge to share with you today.
 
First take a look at my card...
 
 
And here is the sketch we are playing with; designed  by Sandi Clarkson.
 
 
As you can see I altered the sketch somewhat. I used one pattern down the sides of my card and another down the middle, similar to the sketch but I made them stripes instead of triangles. I interpreted the criss-cross shape with my twine by wrapping it and criss-crossing it around the center of my card.

 
I also switched around the sentiment and the flower from what the sketch shows too. I think that is the great thing about sketches...your final product doesn't need to look exactly like the sketch, the sketch is just there to inspire you to get creating!

Papers, stickers are from Echo Park. Stamp from Echo Park/Unity Stamps. Twine from The Twinery. Misc flowers and buttons.
 
I hope you are ready to get creating and will play along with our challenge for your chance to be featured on the SOUS blog as one of our Top 3! For all the details and to link up your card head on over to the SOUS blog.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by,
reading your kind comments makes my day.
~Becky
 
p.s. whoops! I forgot to share this on Friends with Flair Friday at Unity Stamps...so I'm sharing it this week :)
 

 

18 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love that Echo park collection.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of the sketch Becky, I find it very hard to think out of the box, and tend to follow the sketch perfectly!! Loving the bright colours and the sentiment too... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun, bright card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the blue & yellow. Makes the tag & flowers pop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors on this card. You have been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LIKE YOUR TAKE ON THE SKETCH. Oops. Sorry did not know caps were on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what it is...but this card is amazing! Bright colors & cut out sentiment frame maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card! Love your take on the sketch, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete