Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

SCO Fall Theme Blog Hop

If you are looking for the SKETCHABILITIES post please click HERE

Hi friends!  Welcome to the Scrapbooking Cafe Online's first ever challenge! You should have arrived here from Anita's blog Crafty Girl Designs. Since school begun and and Halloween is just around the corner we thought our first challenge should be a Fall Theme. We want to see your creations! So create any paper item with a fall feel to it. That can be a card, scrapbook page, mixed media or what else you like to create as long as it has something that represents fall on it. Easy peasy right?!!

Here is a card I whipped up as a sample. I really wanted to create a layout but I ran out of time, so I decided on a card instead. Now I don't really make thanksgiving or halloween themed cards so I had to give this challenge some thought. How to make a fall themed card that wasn't a fall theme! LOL So here it is...a love card!
To me fall is about the warm colors, the crisp weather, and  textures of layering up with warm scarves and sweaters. I wanted my card to have lots of layers as well. And I brought in the textures with the embossed paper, burlap and fibers.

Scrapbooking Cafe Supplies
Scallop border die: Die-namics
Heart die: Spellbinders Nested Hearts
Vintage Photo Distress ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger
Cardstock: American Crafts
other supplies:
ribbons-Bo Bunny
sentiment stamp-Paper Smooches
burlap fabric
brulap ribbon
 


If you play along with us, you will be entered to win this AMAZING prize donated by Kristy at Scrapbooking Cafe Online!
You want to play along, don't you?
 

but of course there has to be some rules to keep it all fair so check out the fine print...


Challenge Details/Rules:
- You have until September 25th to join in our challenge.
-Only new projects, no back linking to old projects.
-You may combine with other challenges
-You can enter up to 5 times.
-You must link the SCO blog in your entry post.
-You must become a follower of Scrapbooking Cafe Online's blog.

You are now on your way over to Zoe's blog From the Inside Out.
 
If you get lost along the way here is the blog hop list
Scrapbooking Cafe Online
Anita
Becky <<< YOU ARE HERE
Zoe
Dani
Melyssa

Thanks for joining us! Link up your projects at the Scrapbooking Cafe Online blog.
I look forward to seeing your Fall creations
~Becky
 

7 comments:

  1. I love this fall card! So love that burlap heart and the squirrel is so fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the wood embossing background and the textures.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card - the layers all work together so beautifully, and the little squirrel is adorable. (I also like a fall card that isn't a 'fall' card for the same reasons you gave!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the cute little squirrel! I DIE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute little squirrel and acorn!! :)

    ReplyDelete